Here it is, my first publicly published data visualization:
Facts quickly gleaned from this visualization:
- Breast and Prostate Cancer are the highest incidence cancer sites in the United States
- The District of Columbia has the highest Prostate Cancer Rate
- Massachusetts has the highest Breast Cancer Rate
- Kentucky has the highest rate of Lung Cancer per 100,000 people
Some helpful tips for interacting with this visualization:
- At the top of the screen are tabs for the different “sheets” of the visualization (Dashboards are sheets that combine one or more detail sheets):
- If you hover over a column heading, you get a little icon that allows you to sort the data in ascending or descending order:
- You can click on a type of cancer or a state and either exclude it, or display only that data:
- Use the <ctrl> key to select more than one filter at the same time.
- You can also filter the data by State:
- To Undo or Reset to the default settings, click on the reset button at the bottom of the visualization:
- You can get more detail about any datapoint by hovering your mouse over it to get a “tooltip” to pop-up:
Feedback welcome. More visualizations coming soon.