Tag Archives: troubleshooting

Bank of America app Crashing on iPhone: What to Do

The other day I was trying to use the handy-dandy feature of the Bank of America mobile app to take a photo of a check to deposit it. However, every time I tried to snap the picture the app would crash.

As usual, I looked online for a solution and found one suggestion about changing the settings for Safari, but it didn’t work. Finally, I broke down and called Bank of America customer service. After 2+ minutes through the automated mail system, providing them with my bank account number and a bunch of verification information, I finally got the answer that worked. Here it is:

  1. In Settings, go to Safari and change the setting for block cookies to Never.
    Block Cookies
  2. The next step I thought was really weird, but it did work… Change the General Setting for Date and Time to a 24 Hour clock.
    Date and Time Setting
  3. Turn the phone off, then back on again and restart the app.

It worked for me. I hope it’s helpful information for you too.


MailChimp Analytics360: Can’t Connect to Google Analytics

While trying to integrate the Analytics360 plugin from MailChimp with my WordPress blog, I kept getting the following error:

The page you have requested cannot be displayed. Another site was requesting access to your Google Account, but sent a malformed request. Please contact the site that you were trying to use when you received this message to inform them of the error. A detailed error message follows:

The site “http://mydomain.com” has not been registered.

A little Googling around brought me to the WordPress forum, with this most perfect solution.

Here is the answer in short you need to register your domain with Google. You can do it here: https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageDomains

Type in domain and click add
click Manage yourdomain.com
agree to terms and services
type in http://yourdomain.com
type in description of site or title
click save
click return
Go back to Analytics360 and click authenticate
Everything should work like butter now. I found the answer on at this site – rjmetrics I hope this helps.


Picasa Slideshow Embed no longer available?

I hope someone can tell me I’m wrong, but it looks like Google has removed the ability to embed a Picasa photo slideshow and forced that sharing of pictures happen via Google+.

I had a Picasa slideshow on a client website that has completely disappeared and though the Picasa Help: http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66969 says it’s still do-able, I cannot find the links they mention and when I try to share an album, the only option I get is to share the album on Google+.

That’s all well and good, but my client doesn’t have a Google+Profile AND it now means that those photos are not available directly to his website visitors.

Are there ways around this? Yes, of course. Create a slideshow, upload to YouTube, embed that code. Or use something like Animoto to create a jazzy movie to add to the site. But the slideshow was nice and easy and now it’s gone.


Google Docs – Frustration!

Usually, I don’t complain quite this much…but it seems that lately there are a lot of things just not working out well.

Google Docs – Shared Docs – Google Drive. Amazing and wonderful ideas. The prospect of being able to share a document with colleagues “LIVE” so that we don’t have to email a document back and forth and can actually both work on it on the same day (at the same time?) is remarkable.

However, when you’re used to the functionality of Excel, moving to Google Docs is a bit of a shock. Even something as basic as Copy and Paste doesn’t really work all that well.

I am trying to copy a column of text from a downloaded CSV file. I am using Google AdWords for keyword research for a client. So, I highlight my text, use my mouse to copy, go to the Google doc and try to use the mouse to paste. Does it work? No. It seems to have data left over from some other copy operation.

Ok, so now we know you have to use the “old-fashioned” method of copying/pasting by using <ctrl>c to copy and <ctrl>v to paste. No big deal. I can handle it.

Then I find that Google Docs is actually changing the contents of my cells as I paste them. My keyphrases, downloaded from Google AdWords, are formatted to designate what AdWords match type they are: ie. “keyphrase” is a phrase-match keyword and keyphrase (without quotes) is a broad-match keyword. When I paste them into Google Docs, they are now all listed without quotes, and are, consequently, useless to me for comparison and analysis.

I did find a small bit of help in the Google Docs Help forum:

…..doubleclicking the cell first?When the cell is in edit mode, and you paste from (eg) Notepad to there, the double-quotes will be preserved.  The rest of the procedure is to convert that single cell into a range of cells.

But could not find any information on how to “convert that cell into a range of cells.” It really shouldn’t be this hard… copying and pasting is supposed to be EASY.


Not Set – the dilemma of who holds the data

I’m sure you’ve noticed in your analytics reports that there are now large numbers of visitors to your site that come through with the keywords (not set) and (not provided). These are the visits that came from people who were logged into their Google Accounts.

It used to be, you could see all the keyword data for all the visitors to your site. Now you can only see the keywords via Google if those visitors came through some sort of paid search, or the URL was specifically tagged with a keyword tag.

This creates holes in the data available to website owners each month when a large percentage of their visitors come in tagged with (not set) or (not provided).

You can, however, get this information for any advertising campaign you are running. The (not set) and (not provided) tags are from visitors through the natural (or “organic”) search results and not any paid advertising.